Staying on track: Ensure connectivity and productivity of remote teams with Splunk Remote Work Insights
Article by Iskra Tsoneva
Prepared or not – remote work is the necessary innovation we should adopt unexpectedly
In challenging times, like the one we live in today, working remotely can be more like a saving boat rather than a modern experiment. Concerned about the health and well-being of their teams during the COVID-19 crisis, companies are adopting alternative ways of communication and transition their processes and procedures online.
The good news is we can still move forward and get work done by staying at home. The important thing is to adapt to the new rhythm – to stay connected, to support each other and do not forget about the time schedule and deadlines. It is all about the spirit and shared goals.
This whole situation may turn out beneficial for the organizational culture and eye-opening for those, looking at remote work as a disruption to daily business matters. This working model eliminates commuting, gives flexibility and is said to increase productivity by reducing pressure. Anyway, it raises some concerns.
Companies are worried that their employees can easily go off track with their duties and be attracted to everything else but work. Social isolation and burnout are also a threat.
There is simple logic in that – remote work is not for everyone.
But remote work is not a trend because of the pandemic. It is here to stay, and we should prepare, adopting new ways to ensure connectivity and productivity.
Splunk Remote Work Insights: A solution that helps maintain productivity
Turning data into doing, Splunk helps businesses understand data in times of crisis as it does under stable, everyday conditions. Today, a lot of business owners ask the same questions:
- Is our team connected?
- Are they engaging with one another?
- Do they stay productive?
In their State of Dark Data report, published last year, researchers from Splunk made key findings of what data is really worth for companies. In a nutshell, business owners and IT leaders globally agreed that better data use:
- Adds 32% to the annual revenue while cutting 4.85% of the operational costs;
- Adds 5% in gross profit;
- Makes it 2x more likely to exceed customer retention goals;
- Makes it almost 10x more likely to increase revenue by innovations.
But data can also be used to increase employees’ productivity and optimize their workflow.
Splunk users can now enjoy a useful, no-cost solution, which helps companies ensure productivity, connectivity, and engagement of their workforce. Remote Work Insights (RWI) helps employees adapt to the new working conditions and allows employers to control the environment and ensure a flawless workflow.
Remote Work Insights provides real-time visibility across multiple systems, delivering a toolkit that can help maintain high performance of critical business activities. RWI includes dashboards, apps, add-ons and more.
The use cases, supported by RWI include (but are not restricted to):
- Authentication – Authentication data provides visibility into key IT operations issues. For example, active users in the system, concurrent connections or user counts, bandwidth utilization, failed or dropped logins and sessions. Remote Work Insights supports Okta, Duo, Sailpoint, and Windows;
- Remote access VPN monitoring – Users can easily monitor, secure and troubleshoot their work environments with insights ranging from performance issues to application usage;
- Remote access: Collaboration monitoring with Microsoft 365 – Track service performance, resolve issues and investigate incidents across collaboration and remote access tools;
- Calls and conferencing – Be aware of issues impacting audio and video performance and quality for Zoom meetings, webinars, and Rooms;
Splunk RWI is free to use and for companies that have integrated Splunk, it can be set up without great effort. More information about Remote Work Insights and its use cases can be found here.
Our team is always available to give you more insights about how you can benefit from the RWI App. We’ll be glad to share our expertise in Splunk solutions and implementation.
Don’t be a stranger, send us a message and we’ll get back to you in the shortest time possible.
This December, we’re having a busy holiday season at BRIGHT. We’re closing another successful year, thanks to all members of the BRIGHT team, who have, once more, shown that teamwork and dedication are the keys to success. As the year is coming to...
In July 2021, several BRIGHT employees and their families set out on a mission to restore and improve the park area of Yavorova meadow, which is a part of Vitosha Nature Park. This action is a part of the activity of BRIGHT’s Charity Committee, and...