A1 Telekom Austria Group (A1 Group) is one of the leading providers of telecommunications and digital services and operates nationwide GSM and broadband Internet networks in several countries in Central and Eastern Europe. Founded in 1998, it currently has 27 million customers across 7 countries: Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia, Belarus, Slovenia, the Republic of North Macedonia and the Republic of Serbia.
In 2020, A1 started working with BRIGHT on its project to enhance ServiceNow ITSM and ITOM processes. The organization needed a highly experienced and competent partner to support its initiative to optimize its use of the ServiceNow platform.
The project’s main objectives were to:
- Make better use of the ServiceNow platform and its features
- Replace manual, time-consuming tasks with automated processes
- Achieve ServiceNow ITSM and ITOM process efficiency
- Boost operational performance
- Streamline employees’ work and improve the end-user experience
Thanks to our flexibility and deep expertise in the optimization of ServiceNow ITSM and ITOM processes, we managed to consolidate and align a wide range of requirements from different departments in a dynamic international environment.
Our team of ServiceNow architects and consultants worked alongside A1 and ServiceNow’s teams to provide end-to-end services comprising discovery, analysis, solution design, testing, integration, and delivery documentation.
The main responsibilities of our team include:
- BAU (business-as-usual) activities and incident management
- The configuration of ITSM process
- The configuration of ITOM Discovery for 400 subscription units
- CMDB health checks and data optimization
- The integration of ServiceNow with Splunk, Salesforce and other platforms
- The implementation of an agile release management process
- The optimization of database storage and performance
- The development of a custom user access application and custom user comparison tool
- The integration of a mobile application
Thanks to our work together, A1 is now able to make full use of the ServiceNow platform and have full visibility into its IT ecosystem.
Instead of relying on multiple siloed systems, employees can now use ServiceNow as a centralized platform to solve most queries. This enables them to be much more efficient in their work and provide better solutions to other business units and customers (B2B and B2C).
BRIGHT’s ServiceNow architects and consultants have enabled A1 to:
- Consolidate multiple systems into one centralized platform (ServiceNow), and make full use of its features and capabilities
- Streamline and standardize all ITOM and ITSM processes
- Improve operational performance and the end-user experience
Additionally, our team has:
- Enhanced A1’s workflows
- Optimized the automation of processes and the development of new features
- Participated in the design, architecture, and implementation of future functionalities
Thanks to BRIGHT, A1’s ITSM and ITOM processes are now standardized and workflows are more efficient and transparent, which has helped drive operational performance and improve the experience of end users.