Senior Splunk ConsultantJOB OPENING
We believe in people and their power to achieve great things!
BRIGHT is a dynamic and rapidly growing IT Management consultancy with established presence in Europe delivering Digital Transformation programs. Our customers are some of the most innovative and forward-thinking global enterprises looking to manage IT complexity and simplify their operations. As trusted partners, we work together to optimize their business with simple and efficient digital solutions.
BRIGHT is the official Splunk partner for Bulgaria and CEE focused on delivery of data-driven analytics solutions in the areas of IT Operations & Security. Our dedicated Splunk competence center built in strategic partnership with Splunk Professional Services and is one of the fastest-growing Splunk Professional service practice in Europe and the region.
We are currently looking for bright and highly motivated professionals to join our team at the position of Senior Splunk Consultants
- Capture customer’s operational and functional requirements and translate them into size, capacity & architecture of the platform
- Deploy & fortify Splunk Enterprise and its components in Linux or Windows environments; Configure Splunk Enterprise index retention & role-based access policies; Configure external authentication and multi-factor authentication mechanisms in Splunk Enterprise
- Plug into customer’s 3rd party systems and configure data sources for Splunk Enterprise
- Provide support to customer’s engineers with the setup of 3rd party network components, operating systems and application servers in terms of logging levels and logging scope
- Provide estimated data volume as input for license quotes
- Provide hardware sizing advice to customer or 3rd party hardware vendors
- Troubleshoot performance & consistency issues within Splunk Enterprise and its components
- Commit configuration packages in Git-repositories and maintain documentation reference
- Maintain documentation & manage implementation-derived issues in Agile-friendly tools (e.g. Atlassian JIRA / Confluence)
- Collaborate with peers from the project team
- Report to project leader on daily basis
Essential Experience, Skills & Knowledge:
- System administration of Linux- and Windows-based environments
- Network configurations; Proxy/Reverse-proxy, Load-balancing, SSL/TLS
- Monitoring with Syslog and Event Log
- Common file systems, databases and KV stores
- Basic scripting and RegExp skills
- Ability to conduct effective communication (face-to-face, telephone and written)
- Problem-solving attitude
Optional Experience, Skills & Knowledge
- Common application and web-servers like Apache, Tomcat, IIS, Node.js, etc.
- Configuration Management tools like SCCM, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, etc.
- Message brokers & Pub/Sub systems like Kafka, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, etc.
- ETL tools, like Funnel, IBM DataStage, Pentaho, etc.
- Knowledge or experience from DevOps or SecOps initiatives
- Previous experience with Splunk or similar technology (Elastic, GrayLog, DataDog)
- Splunk Power User or Splunk Admin certification
What we offer
- Opportunity to make a difference in a rapidly growing company
- A welcoming and inclusive environment
- Excellent remuneration and benefits
- Access to cutting-edge technologies
- Health-conscious and active life style culture
- Extensive learning opportunities, certification programs and career development
Working for Bright
- We are a dynamic and rapidly growing IT Management consultancy with a strong sense of dedication to our customers.
- We believe in real partnership with our customers. Together we bridge gaps, align teams, navigate organizational change, raise the maturity and capability of their organizations to do more, become more competitive and readier for the challenges of the future.
- We take ownership of customer’s pains and goals and commit to achieve tangible realistic results.
- We are honest and proactive. Our customers appreciate our guts to say “no” to a request if it is not aligned with the end goal.
- We don’t disconnect when the project is over- will keep looking for further improvements to reach the next level.