Improving Security Posture of the Existing Splunk Infrastructure at Paysafe
With over 20 years of online payment experience, an annualized transactional volume of US $92 billion in 2020, and approximately 3,400 employees located in 12+ global locations, Paysafe connects businesses and consumers across 70 payment types in over 40 currencies around the world.
Paysafe chose BRIGHT as a trusted partner to help improving security posture via optimizations in the existing Splunk infrastructure. The goal was to achieve a higher maturity level through the implementation of best principles in Splunk Security Essentials and enhancements in Enterprise Security.
Our advisory approach began by conducting an in-depth assessment of the current state to deliver an initial gap analysis. We thoroughly educated ourselves about Paysafe’s cyber defence planning processes as well as their business needs and goals. That enabled us to build a strategic roadmap for improvement with recommendations about implementing best practices and tactical fixes.
Consulting and customer-centricity are an essential part of BRIGHT’s DNA. Our mission is to bring high business value to our customers and make a difference. We aim at transforming organizations’ security efforts into simpler, transparent, and reliable.
Staying true to our values, we became part of Paysafe’s team to support their initiatives to leverage the Splunk platform while being agile to the dynamic environment. Close collaboration with the client’s team and clear communication were the key to adapt quickly and easily to changes in priorities and tasks. Aware of the client’s objectives, our team aimed to align with all stakeholders. Thus, targeting realistic goals and expectations and practical implementation.
Solution and Results
We supported Paysafe in the optimization of their current environment setup and helped identify new improvements and opportunities while showing attitude as a committed and valuable part of the client’s team.
Our architects and consultants contributed to Splunk Enterprise, Enterprise Security and Security Essentials optimization and improvements in incident response with:
- Further development of automated threat detection in ES;
- Integrating new data source for Anomaly detection;
- Support the automation of the organizational IT security processes;
- Support of anti-phishing initiatives and automation of SOC processes;
- Supplementary data modelling.
To support the company’s cloud transformation, BRIGHT and Paysafe worked together on:
- Application design and implementation, as well as optimization of existing Splunk applications;
- Implementation support of Splunk within AWS and Splunk applications’ optimization;
- Storage optimisation.
Adopting the cloud with the appropriate preparation and sound knowledge results in:
- Optimized costs;
- Greater security of applications and application data;
- Easier operation and management of IT security infrastructure;
- Reduced overhead and easier maintenance.